Our #TCFchat discussion this week (held 8/22 on Twitter at 3pm Eastern) was centered on the unique challenges that HR faces when working with tech departments, particularly IT. Many IT folks feel that HR doesn’t do nearly enough to support them properly, especially when it comes to hiring and retention. Is this perception or reality?
Here are the discussion points:
1. How do HR professionals keep up with the emerging trends to properly recruit, hire, and develop?
2. How often does HR need to review and update job descriptions, compensation, etc.?
3. How does HR keep its policies and procedures up to date?
4. HR is a roadblock to success for the IT department…perception or reality?
5. Many IT executives believe HR doesn’t invest enough in developing talent internally? How is this problem solved and is promoting from within the answer?
Or feel free to weigh in here. We’d love to hear from you.