1. What traits define a great leader? Are they different in business from other areas of life?
- Willingness to Get Hands Dirty
- Willingness to Take on the Risk of Failure
- Innovation and Inspiration
2. Many point to Steve Jobs as a great leader…was he? Who are great leaders in history?
- Jobs was a great innovator, not necessarily a great leader
- Picking leaders–like Washington, Reagan, etc–really depends on how leadership and success are defined
3. What are prime examples of poor leadership you’ve experienced in your career?
- Not listening
- Taking credit for others’ ideas
4. What can a great leader do for the tech and IT organizations?
- Lead innovation
- Set vision and road map
- Define roles
5. How do you present leadership skills on a technical resume?
- Describe success of others
- Include quotes from others
Or feel free to weigh in here. We’d love to hear from you.