Don’t get caught thinking that success in the job search is all luck like our friend in the comic strip here. For technical candidates, how they brand themselves can play a crucial role in landing those dream jobs and promotions. So, as part of this week’s twitter chat, we’ll be reviewing a few different scenarios by outlining key traits of different make-believe candidates to determine a branding theme and to craft a brand message tagline that will serve as the centerpiece of all the candidate’s job search documentation.
- Job Goal: Software Developer
- Strengths: Dedicated, hardworking, team player, needs analysis, requirements gathering, problem resolution, quality
- Job Goal: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Strengths: Team leadership, process management, communications, strategy development, cost savings, production and quality increases, solution design
- Job Goal: CIO
- Strengths: IT strategy, team leadership, team development, mentoring, change leadership, IT infrastructure and applications, IT service delivery, total cost of ownership, Six Sigma
Join the discussion and hear expert opinions this Wednesday 11/7 at 3pm ET on twitter at #TCFchat. You can start by posting comments here or on the Tech Career Forum LinkedIn Group page. Simply follow and use the hashtag #TCFchat to be a part of it all.