If you read career-related content today, you’re bound to see a lot of information out there hyping “personal branding” as the big thing. And indeed it is big! But what you don’t hear much about is how to plan the brand messaging strategy. For resumes and online profiles, it boils down to what you’re audience really wants in a candidate. You then need to objectively evaluate your personality, motivations, strengths, experience, and achievements to craft a brand message that’s unique to you and appealing to the audience.
So here are the scenarios we covered.
- Job Goal: Software Developer
- Strengths: Dedicated, hardworking, team player, needs analysis, requirements gathering, problem resolution, quality
- Specialty: Web-based financial applications, code re-use
- Brand Statements:
- Collaborative problem solver that develops financial Web applications using existing code infrastructure to fuel business enablement
- Software dev & rigorous tester loves to code in any language embraces agile methods to frequently deliver high quality software
- Job Goal: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Strengths: Team leadership, process management, communications, strategy development, cost savings, production and quality increases, solution design
- Focus: medical device/pharma manufacturing, FDA, ISO, cGMP standards
- Achievements: increase yield thru reworking production setups and reducing equipment downtime
- Eng Mgr leads team to design strategic process mgmt solutions resulting in increased prod quality while simul. reducing manu cost
- Propel throughput & product quality – Surpass ISO, FDA & cGMP standards – Optimize mfg teams & infrastructure configuration
- Job Goal: CIO
- Strengths: IT strategy, team leadership, team development, mentoring, change leadership, IT infrastructure and applications, IT service delivery, total cost of ownership, Six Sigma
- Achievements: IT ops outsourcing, cost savings, infrastructure redesign, new services via technology
- Building responsive IT organizations that enhance user experience through high-level strategic visioning and global planning
- I might focus on things like #business #transformation, IT business model restructuring, and agility in user response
- Bridging gap between operations and IT, working closely w/#HR to source talent
Check out the full discussion here on our Storify recap. You can start by posting comments here or on the Tech Career Forum LinkedIn Group page. Simply follow and use the hashtag #TCFchat to be a part of it all in the future.