2012 has been an interesting year for the IT and tech industry. We are going to review some of the highlights…and lowlights… and discuss how these events may shape the year to come. We’ll also review what the events of 2012 mean to active and passive job seekers going into 2013.
Join the discussion and hear expert opinions this Wednesday 12/19 at 3pm ET on twitter at #TCFchat. You can start by posting comments here or on the Tech Career Forum LinkedIn Group page.
The discussion topics include:
1. What were some of the major tech layoffs in 2012? What does that mean for 2013?
2. Offshore outsourcing or insourcing? Which way is the US tech market headed and why?
3. How has the unemployment rate for the general market impacted the IT and tech markets? Are you optimistic about 2013?
4. What are some technologies and/or skills that are in high demand as we get ready to begin 2013?
5. What are the most important takeaways from the events of 2012 to help better position you as a candidate in 2013?