Job seekers often lament to us that they cannot find people, career pros especially, who will actually help them, much less speak with them. In today’s social networking environment, there is no longer any reason for this. However, people are still people no matter what the technology is doing. And it can be tough, even on Twitter, to get some career pros to speak with you.
Believe me, as fellow career pros on Twitter (@ITtechExec and @rezlady), we have not always been successful at getting other career pros to engage in conversation. Apparently, some are only there to give out information, not to interact in any meaningful way.
But that’s OK. Twitter can be an instrument that’s left up to the user to wield. If you just want to pontificate, go for it!
But for job seekers who are still wondering whom they can meet and not just follow, but actually speak with, we decided to put together a top 5 list of some of the most engaging Twitter pros we’ve come across:
1. @imjustagoyle: Cofounder of JobShouts.com along with @Tall_Geek, this career pro offers resume advice, job leads, and other advice, not to mention a valuable job board that actually posts real job postings!
2. @eExecutives: Meet Harry Urschel, a recruiter. Harry has his own blog called The Wise Job Search and is very approachable.
3. @juliaerickson: Julia is a career coach in NJ. She is also a member of the @careerealism team, which helps answer job seeker questions.
4. @ATLrecruiter: Stephanie is a talent acquisition consultant who writes for Examiner.com and offers lots of great tips.
5. @careersherpa: Hannah is an approachable guide tweeting all kinds of helpful job search strategy advice.
If you know of others, please feel free to comment on them here. If I agree, I will add them to my next list.
So was this post helpful? If so, please tweet it out (and then engage!).